Many times in Elgg we test different features of the plugins with different users, whether performing tests of content from friends, permits content or simply try a multi-user functionality.
It is sometimes difficult, as we should have open multiple instances of the social network in different browsers with different users, or logearnos and offline all the time.
A quick and simple to accomplish this is to install the plugin Login as developed by Brett Profitt. This plugin allows, when you're logged in as administrator, can login with other users, and then get back to the administrator. All this without logout of the site.
This makes it much simpler to perform this task.
We can download from the community the following location: http:/
After downloading and unzip the mod folder, we must activate it.
1. Let the administration section of Elgg:
2. After the administration section of tools:
3. We will activate the plugin:
4. Then we entered the list of site members to login with a user.
5. By clicking on the shortcut menu, a user can see the "Login as" allowing that user login.
6. Also when entering the user profile that is the option "Login as".
7. Once we make the "login as" that user, we see that we will not have more management options in red, the user profile:
8. Also in the topbar of elgg appear 2 icons of users, to the left of the user that performed the "Login as", then an arrow and the admin user logged-in we were before. To return to the admin user, simply make one click on the icon of this person.
I hope you liked this post, and have been used this plugin simple but very effective in developing new features in Elgg and can test them with different users.
Elgg Happy Coding.